The well known benefits of curcumin, a polyphenolic extract of turmeric, have been attributed to powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects as well as antiproliferative and anticancer properties. Curcumin has many molecular targets, such as the enzymes cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase, the NF-KB signaling pathway, a critical mediator of inflammation, as well as the enzyme p300, a contributor to diabetic and cardiovascular complications. Its role in the prevention of atherosclerotic plaque formation, platelet aggregation, and LDL oxidation indicates multi-fold cardiovascular benefits, and its ability to inhibit angiogenesis and induce apoptosis in cancer cells suggests both preventative and therapeutic benefit. 1,2 The limiting factor in curcumin’s efficacy has been its poor systemic bioavailability as it is poorly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and rapidly metabolized. 2,3 Advanced manufacturing techniques have reduced its particle size over 100-fold, and combining the use of natural emulsifiers to form a colloidal suspension has tremendously increased curcumin’s bioavailability, significantly increasing blood levels of curcumin many times that of other preparations, including so-called enhanced forms of curcumin. 4,5 Theracurmin increases curcumin levels in a linear and dose-dependent manner, bypassing previous limits to curcumin supplementation to achieve unparalleled blood levels of curcumin.
- Higher bioavailability compared to standard curcumin in humans
- Advanced manufacturing techniques increase free curcumin blood levels in a dose-dependent linear relationship
- Curcumin modulates an impressive number of molecular targets – enhanced absorption allows for significantly greater potency and therapeutic effect
- Naturally emulsified curcumin microparticles have significantly increased bioavailability
- High potency formula allows for easy dosing