Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil improve a number of cardiovascular risk factors, including lowering of atherosclerotic burden, reducing triglyceride levels and blood pressure, and improving platelet and vascular function. EPA and DHA are also essential to the resolution of inflammatory processes as well as tissue repair, by providing the substrates for anti-inflammatory prostaglandins, resolvins, and protectins. These essential fatty acids are incorporated into membrane phospholipids, affecting cellular membrane organization, ion permeability, intracellular signaling, gene expression, and the activity of membrane-associated proteins.
In clinical trials, omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil have reduced rates of all-cause mortality, cardiac and sudden death, as well as stroke. Benefit has also been shown for improving overall health, as well as for a wide variety of cardiovascular, inflammatory, and autoimmune conditions, ranging from asthma, cardiac arrhythmias, eczema, and inflammatory bowel disease, to pregnancy and breastfeeding support, rheumatoid arthritis, and neurodegenerative disease.
Purified fish oils are free of many contaminants, such as heavy metals and PCBs, which continue to be a growing problem associated with the consumption of fish.
- Optimal 2:1 ratio EPA to DHA
- The pharmaceutical grade omega-3 blend is the only fish oil in the world to have achieved the highest USP standard verifying the quality and consistency of the fish oil
- Stringent quality control standards ensure that this highly purified fish oil concentrate is free from lipid peroxides and environmental pollutants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, PCBs and other harmful compounds
- Omega-3 fish oil is sourced from wild anchovies, sardines, and / or mackerel, one of the best natural sources of EPA and DHA
- Harvested through sustainable fishing practices
- These small fish are less likely to be exposed to toxins because they are short lived, and low on the food chain
- Wild fish are superior to farmed fish as they not only have more omega-3s, but contain less saturated fat and no antibiotic or hormone residues
- Highly bioavailable softgel