NorLox Ultra 60c
Contains ingredients important for the management of joint aches*
Boswellia serrata (70% total boswellic acids): Leukotrienes are immune mediators that induce and sustain immune activation (1). Boswellic acids are shown to inhibit 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), an enzyme responsible for the synthesis of immunostimulatory molecules called leukotrienes (2, 3).* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study, Boswellia serrata significantly improved the threshold and tolerance to musculoskeletal discomfort (4).*
Curcuma longa (Turmeric) (95% curcuminoids): Botanical shown to lower levels of TNF-α and IL-6 (5).* TNF-α and IL-6 are cytokines that play an important role in regulating the immune response and joint discomfort (6, 7). Elevated levels of TNF-α and IL-6 in joint fluid have been correlated with increased joint discomfort (8, 9).
L-cysteine: Precursor to glutathione (10).* Glutathione provides antioxidant protection and detoxification properties (10).
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin (11).* Serotonin plays an important role in processing and inhibiting pain signaling by the central nervous system (12).
- Gennara A and Haeggstrom J. Adv Immunol. 2012;116:51-92.
- Schweizer S, et al. J Nat Prod. 2000;63:1058-61.
- Radmark O, et al. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1851(4):331-9.
- Prabhavathi K, et al. Indian J Pharmacol. 2014;46(5):475-9.
- Usharani P, et al. Drugs R D. 2008;9(4):243-50.
- Holdsworth S and Gan P. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;10(12):2243-54.
- Miller R, et al. Cytokine. 2014;70(2):185-93.
- Orita S, et al. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011;12:144.
- Cuellar J, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91(10):2313-20.
- Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
- Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
- Bardin L. Behav Pharmacol. 2011;22(5-6):390-404.