Digest-ProGD is a broad spectrum proprietary enzyme blend, providing unique support for the digestion of both gluten and dairy proteins, as well as lactose, other carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It contains Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV), a multifunctional serine protease which targets proline containing peptides, such as those found in both gliadin and casein, both proteolytically resistant proteins. DPP-IV is thought to be one of the rate limiting enzymes responsible for the digestion of these proteins, is known to be found in lower amounts in the intestinal mucosa of individuals with celiac disease and also to have an inverse correlation with the level of mucosal damage among those with as well as without celiac disease. The antigenic and immunomodulatory proline-rich proteins found in gluten are thought to trigger an inflammatory response in patients with either celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, often due to inadvertent gluten exposure, even for those on a gluten free diet. Digest-ProGD provides comprehensive digestive support, containing multiple proteases as well as enzymes necessary for lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Contains essential proteases I, II, III, IV and IV, stable throughout the pH range of the digestive tract
- Each capsule delivers a standardized level of DPP-IV activity and is shown to survive the harsh environment of the stomach
- It hydrolyzes difficult-to-digest proline-containing peptides such as gluten and casein
- Contains amylase and glucoamylase that assist in the hydrolysis of carbohydrates as well as the enzyme lactase
- Provides alpha-galactosidase for the digestion of oligosaccharides found in beans, other legumes and cruciferous vegetables
- May also be used by those who wish to remain on a gluten and casein free diet to ensure complete breakdown of proteins safe and effectively
- Completely suitable for vegetarians