Avipaxin is frequently recommended for patients to promote healthy immune function. It can also improve mood, memory, and mental clarity. Avipaxin provides nutritional support for acetylcholine, helping to maintain proper cholinergic nervous and immune system activity.* The cholinergic immune-regulating pathway lowers cytokine levels, thereby reducing immune activation and supporting healthy cognitive function.* Avipaxin contains Huperzine A, which helps inhibit acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme that metabolizes acetylcholine.*
1 Lowering levels of acetylcholinesterase activity increases circulating levels of acetylcholine.2, 3 Avipaxin also contains a-glyceryl phosphoryl choline (a-GPC) and acetyl-L-carnitine. These ingredients supply choline and acetyl groups, respectively, for acetylcholine synthesis.* Carnitine also transports fatty acids within mitochondria to support cellular energy levels.*4, 5
1. Liang YQ and Tang XC. Acta Pharmacol.Sin. 2006;27(9): 1127-36.
2. Abbiati G et al. J.Chromatogr. 1991;566(2): 445-51.
3. White HL and Scates PW. Neurochem.Res. 1990;15(6): 597-601.
4. Vaz FM and Wanders RJ. Biochem.J. 2002;361(3): 417-29.
5. McDaniel MA et al. Nutrition. 2003;19 (1-12): 957-75.