Pamela's All-Purpose Flour – Artisan Blend.
Delicious scratch baking will be back in your life! This flour blend has no dairy, no nuts, no salt, no leavening, no corn and no soy. It will work perfectly in most of your traditional recipes or with subtle tweaking such as adding more liquid. Now you can bake like you used to!
- Since 1988
- Fast. Easy. Delicious
- The Alternative to Wheat Flour
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Whole Grains
- Whole Grain 10 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- The All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend will work in most recipes as a replacement for wheat flour.
- Due to the subtle flavor of our All-Purpose Flour, seasoning and herbs will elevate the taste when making gravy, or coating meats and poultry.
- Batters may thicken as they sit and may require water to thin.
- For yeast breads, we suggest using 1 tsp dry yeast per cup of All-Purpose Flour. Additional water will most likely be needed. Add water until dough is a sticky batter similar to banana bread. For a taller loaf, use a parchment collar at least 3 to 5 inches above the edge around the interior of the bread pan.
Suggested Usage :
Pancakes with All-Purpose Flour.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend (140g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk or alternative milk-unsweetened, or 1 cup carbonated water, or water
- 1 tsp vinegar (optional, adds a tang like buttermilk)
- 2 TBSP sugar or agave
- 1½ TBSP vegetable, or coconut oil
- 2 eggs, large or equivalent prepared egg replacer
- Optional: ½ tsp vanilla
- Optional: ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 3 TBSP ground almonds (if adding, extra liquid will be needed)
Mix dry ingredients together. In separate bowl mix liquid ingredients. Whisk together wet and dry ingredients. Batter thickens as sits, so add extra water if needed to thin until batter pours easily. Thicker batter will yield thicker pancakes.
Pre-heat griddle to medium or medium high. Oil griddle with paper towel and pour batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles surface all over pancake. Flip once and cook until the pancakes puff and are browned on the second side.
Oatmeal Cookies with Artisan Flour.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large, beaten slightly or equivalent using Egg Replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp nutmeg or ¼ tsp cardamom (optional)
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional) or other additions like raisins, chocolate chips, etc.
Cream butter in a stand mixer. Add sugars, mix well, then add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, excluding the oats and nuts if using. Add the dry ingredients to stand mixer and mix. Then add the oats and nuts, and mix well again.
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Using about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into 1" balls. Bake in top third of the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until edges turn golden brown and crisp. Cookies will give just a little in the middle.
Chef's Note: If you are using Egg Replacer and want flat and crispy cookies, you will need to flatten the cookies slightly before baking.
Brown Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, White Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Sorghum Flour, Arrowroot Starch, Guar Gum, Sweet Rice Flour, Rice Bran.
Produced on equipment that also makes products containing tree nuts, soy, eggs, and milk.